My "S" personality.

8:24 PM

So at staff retreat on Tuesday, they tell us we're taking personality inventories to see how we all work together. Nope, not Meyers-Briggs...DiSC (Dominance-Influence-Steadiness-Conscientiousness). I discovered I am what's called a "high S". What does this mean exactly? On a positive note, it means helping others, showing loyalty, being a good listener, creating a stable, harmonious work environment. It also means that I hate change, I hate conflict, and I'm not a risk-taker. On many levels, this is true. It totally depends on circumstances and in the work place I'd definitely say this is pretty accurate. I observed it first-hand this morning when I went to open at Starbucks. I haven't been there since last Thursday and some things have definitely changed. Specifically, where things are housed. At 5am, I'm barely conscious, much less attentive enough to know where to look for things. So, I went to the back room to get pitchers. They weren't there. I immediately became frustrated. Also at 5am, I would really prefer not to talk to anyone, even my favorite partners who I love spending time with. This morning I would have no such luxury. I had to ask Aaron where pretty much everything was and then once he told me immediately think, why didn't I look there? Seems like an obvious place. As this continued I was reminded of this whole "S" personality from the day before. It made me smile.

Now let's move forward to later in the day. I knew that I would either have to go pick Josephine up from the body shop or go get all my stuff out. I wasn't prepared for the emotional process this would be, especially when I found out that State Farm would happily come pick her up from the body shop for me. All I had to do was go clean her out and get the license plate. Simple enough. Only when I got there and started getting out all my stuff, I quickly got sad. It's not like I loved this car...I mean, I did really like her. I wasn't super attached to her, but it does connect me to memories...even from years past when April was still driving her. Again, it's a change that I had no control of and have no choice but to let go and move on. In a couple of days I'll send in my Title and sign her over to State Farm; I will turn in my license plate and that will be it. Hopefully I'll find a new car that I really like (and can afford) and make new memories.

Here's a picture from the Foreigner-Styx-Def Leppard concert. Actually, it was right before ouside the pavilion. They were handing out fans at the gate.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images