a 24-year-old trapped in the body of a 31-year-old?

4:33 PM

My friend, Hannah got married this weekend. It was beautiful. She's only 20 which seems so young to me but then again, I know I wasn't ready to get married that young. After the wedding I went back to the hotel where some friends were staying. Now many of my friends these days are younger than me...Starbucks tends to hire college students. I don't mind this. I've met some great people but it's always funny to me when I meet new people and my age comes up. It's usually the same conversation...one of my friends will say, "Guess how old Cynthia is." Then we wait for their response. I usually get 24 which is fine by me...I mean, who can complain when they're told they look younger than they really are. On Saturday, however, I was really surprised when I was told I look 22! I only wish I felt 22! This past weekend has kicked my butt more than normal. My body just doesn't feel up to par. I can't really explain it; I just know that I may look 24 but my body is definitely 31. Today I was supposed to head to Annual Conference but instead I chose to spend the day in my bed in hopes that I can shake whatever this is. I've been watching movies and trying not to feel guilty thinking about all the things I need to be doing. What's weird is that usually when I spend a day watching movies I choose things like Pride and Prejudice, Hitch, 27 Dresses...you know, those girly movies. Today I've been watching Batman Begins and Swat. Maybe I'm getting in touch with my masculine side.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images