I want to be inspired....

11:21 AM

This week has been weird. I can’t put my finger on what exactly has been weird. The weather outside has been perfect which just makes me want to lie in a grassy field somewhere and forget about life for awhile. It’s the end of the quarter at Tech which doesn’t directly affect me, however, due to the number of friends that I have that are students, I can sense the stress that has been rampant the last few days. Summer is around the corner, again something that really doesn’t affect me since I work full-time year round:) I’m approaching month 3 on the new job. I think one of the biggest challenges for my job is that a good portion of it is working on my own. For the most part I enjoy this; however, I often need to be inspired. I need someone who’s a visionary to dream with me. I wish I was a better dreamer….unfortunately I’m more of a detailed do-er. Give me a task and I’ll complete it to the best of my ability. I’ve decided that I need to incorporate dreaming/visioning into my job on a weekly or bi-monthly basis lest I burn out. It sounds simple enough yet so far I’ve struggled with it. I think I’m still trying to find my niche…my purpose for what I’m doing. Although Trinity has always been strong in Adult Education and Discipleship, it’s been mainly lay-driven. I think that’s amazing since they are the ones that are doing ministry on a weekly basis. I get to resource them, encourage them, and support them. I don’t want to become complacent…I want to know that what I’m doing matters…that somehow I’m making a difference. I’ve been thinking a lot lately about the friends that I’ve made over the years. ALL of them are good at something…art, graphics, photography, fashion, design, teaching, inspiring. Sometimes I have a hard time pinpointing what it is that I’m good at. I wonder what it is that I bring to the table. I say this not to be self-deprecating. It’s just something I’ve been thinking and praying about the last several days. Today I just want to be inspired…

Check this out!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images