Boot Camp: Not for the faint of heart...or BODY.

11:47 AM

I'm not sure how it happened really. One day, my co-worker, Kim is in one of our offices talking about Tommy Gallagher from Ruston Body Works using our gym for his boot camps and then a few days later I'm observing one of his sessions. I somehow agreed to pay money to put my body through an hour of grueling punishment 3 afternoons a week. I've heard other people talking about boot camp and my first thought was always, "You're insane. Why would you do that?" And yet, here I am with 4 workouts under my belt. And no, this is not MY class in this photo. I've threatened Tommy (aka: the fitness nazi) that if he wanted to keep his camera in proper working order, he better not show up to class with it! The number one question I continue to get is, "Is it fun?" I laugh every time because I think it's such a bizarre question. I've never enjoyed working out, so putting fun with boot camp is such an oxmoron in my opinion. I will say that the people in my class are fun and the more we meet together I realize that we're forming a special bond that keeps us moving forward each day. Boot camp is hard as hell (excuse the harshness). I'm pouring sweat within the first 5 minutes and each day I wonder if I can make it the full hour, especially when we do a lot of cardio. My body has hurt in places I never knew it could hurt. Kim jokes that she now needs to go to rehab from the amount of Advil she's taken in the last week. All in all though, I do feel better. I'm making conscious decisions about what I eat and am trying to eat smaller portions of those foods I do enjoy. It really is a life-style change and as much as I'm in this to shed a few (okay more than a few) pounds, I'm in it for the emotional and physical well-being that it brings. We only have 2 more weeks of this session. Kim and I may do it one more time and then we're talking about trying something different but staying on that schedule of devoting 4pm MWF as our work-out time. We'll see what other "fun" things we can get into:)

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images