Does your life inspire?

5:09 PM

I’ve been thinking about this lately. Apparently I inspire people in random ways. For Jennifer, I inspired her to put down peel & stick tile in her bathroom and kitchen. Have I mentioned that my kitchen tiles are literally being held down by invisible packing tape at the moment? For Chris, it’s my random, so very easy therapeutic art projects using masking tape and paint. For Aaron, it was coming up with the name of his blog, Modern JAC. At the end of the day, is there anything else about my life that inspires others? I can’t really answer that question. I can only hope that the way I genuinely love the people in my life inspires. I pray that my attempt to be authentic in this blog inspires. Most of all, it’s my desire that my messy, unconventional, sometimes considered liberal, faith is what inspires people. As one of my favorite authors, Anne Lamott says, "There's always something ending and something beginning. Yet in the very center is the truth of your spiritual identity: you. Fabulous, hilarious, darling, screwed-up you. Beloved of God and of your truest deepest self, the self that is revealed when tears wash off the makeup and grime." I think even when we feel like our lives are upside down, we can inspire others. This morning I was talking to my friend, Dana and she mentioned that someone once told her that our pain has purpose, it’s not wasted. I certainly like to believe that in the midst of my pain I can still be inspiring to someone else who may be going through the same thing. In Pete Wilson’s book, “Plan B” he says, “Begin to trust and believe that maybe, just maybe, there is someone in your life who can and will speak those healing words, me too.” As I’ve mentioned before, getting to that place where I can even share my pain is hard, but to hear those words, “me too” brings about a calm in the midst of what feels like chaos. At least for me anyway. So thanks to so many of you who have offered up a “me too” when I needed it. You inspire me.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images