What I've concluded...

9:33 AM

I love to read other people's blogs, but am not so good at keeping up with my own. I find this bizarre because I've always always loved to write. I used to always love to go to Hallmark and peruse cards for an hour, but I discovered yesterday I'm not really into that anymore either. Of course, I was on a time crunch yesterday so finding the perfect card for the birthday girl is a little stressful when you need to be back in the office ASAP. What I realized when I got back to the office was that I had chosen a sweet card that said nothing about birthdays! Oh well...I think she enjoyed it just the same. I decided to sum up my life over the last month in a list form. It's been a crazy adventurous month and I have often thought, "Oh, I need to blog about this." Now if I really blogged about all of those things, we might be here til next week so here goes!


1. In mid-January, one of my favorite professors from seminary, Dr. Sandy Richter, came to Trinity to speak at our annual Ashram. I got to pick her up from the airport, eat a meal with her, drink coffee, and be her personal assistant basically for 2 days PLUS hear her amazing teaching. It was heavenly. I actually cried when she left...I later figured out that was just a hormonal response:)

2. A friend of mine from highschool, Sandy Parkman had a brain tumor removed this week! Crazy! It was an insane week of praying and waiting and encouraging and hoping. The surgery went well and the doctors have said the tumor (which took up 1/4 of her brain) is low-grade but she should get official results in the next 3 or 4 days!

3. Well, there's some other big stuff going on but it's just not time to reveal it yet! Hopefully by the time I get around to blogging again, it will all be official:)

4. I decided to make a hair change as seen in the above picture. The last time I had bangs was my freshman year in college. Who knew they could make me look so different?! 

5. My birthday is next week and I have almost a week's worth of events planned! What can I say, I love birthdays! Here's the rundown:

Wednesday (my actual birthday): Dinner at Superior Grill in Shreveport; my friend Sarah booked us a hotel room at the Horseshoe so we could play in Shreveport on Thursday!

Thursday: shopping on the Boardwalk, pedicures

Friday: Dinner at Samurai, a joint birthday celebration with my good friend, Becky Clark!

Saturday: "Confessions of a Shopaholic" at Celebrity Theatres and scrumptious cupcakes from Curls (if you've never tried these, you should!)

Sunday: G-Love and Special Sauce (we listened to them quite a bit in college) is playing at the Horseshoe that night; my friend Melanie bought us tickets!

Bring on 32!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images