Colbie Caillat

11:29 AM

A couple of months ago, Aaron and I went to see Colbie Caillat in Shreveport. Seriously one of the best concerts I've ever been to. It was at the Riverdome in the Horseshoe and not very crowded at all so it had that more intimate feel that I prefer over concerts in huge arenas where you might be able to see them if you use your high-powered binoculars:) Here's a few pics...not the greatest in quality but I refuse to use my flash at shows like this!

Last night I bought her new album. AMAZING! It's crazy to me that someone as beautiful and talented as she is could have insecurities, but she does and she's not afraid to share it. I feel her album will be one that gets me through this current season of life. I wanted to share what she wrote in the liner notes.

Hi! These songs are about growing up, experiencing life, love, making mistakes, & learning from them. I recently learned something about myself. For a lot of us, when life gets hard to deal with & keep up with, it becomes easier to give up on & let go of. I found myself doing that a lot & I was slowly falling apart. But...I woke up from it. I realized I wasn't happy settling for less or letting myself become someone I wasn't supposed to be due to laziness. I had to Breakthrough my fears, my insecurities & my self doubt. There are so many battles that we all have to go through in life that are for us to learn from, we grow stronger from them. I just learned this. I want to remind myself & everyone out there that we have to Breakthrough all the little things we tell ourselves we can't do because we are scared, & just step up & do them. This record is about becoming the person you want to be, having will power & letting nothing hold you back. So try not to let great things pass you by, start making things happen that you really want in life! I hope these words help you, if you are in need of them...I wrote this record with great friends of mine over the past two years. I wanted to make music that people could listen to while driving on a long road trip, while dancing at a party with friends, while laying out at the beach or sitting at their desk at work. I wanted to give people songs that they could fall in love to, lay down & cry to, songs & stories that they can relate to so they feel like they aren't the only ones going through whatever it is they are going through in life. Music is for you to listen to & forget about your worries. These songs can mean whatever you want them to mean, they are now yours. -CC

Thanks, Colbie.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images