I choose to support people, not corporations.

3:54 PM

In the past few weeks I've been a little more conscious of the types of things I purchase. Although I'm certainly not boycotting corporations (I work at Starbucks for goodness sake), I have been trying to look outside the box a bit. I decided I would share with you some of my recent purchases. First, my 2010 dayplanner courtesy of Etsy. If you've never shopped Etsy, I encourage you to take a look. For the most part it's reasonably priced and the things you find there are one-of-a-kind. My friend, Corrie, is the one that introduced me. She sells amazing jewelry among other things, all made from things she just finds or picks up along the way. I decided I would check Etsy to see if anyone made planners and this is what I got! This came from Kari. I don't know her personally but I would definitely recommend her for journals, planners, or address books!

My second purchase came from here. They are nylon bags shaped just like the plastic bags you would find at your local supermarket, only they're a little bigger and stronger! Mine don't look exactly like these. I actually caught some on sale that have retro food and recipe designs on them. I love them! They came in the little pouch you see on the right so you can just roll them up and throw them in your purse or car PLUS they're environmentally friendly!

Lastly, I decided this year I would do something a little different for my Godsons this Christmas. I decided to buy them a pair of these. I've actually been wearing Toms for a couple of years now. I have 2 pairs and 9 times out of 10, that's what you'll see on my feet. If you don't know the story behind Toms, for every pair you purchase, they donate a pair to a child in need. This year we are taking part in Advent Conspiracy at Trinity. We are challenging everyone to spend 1/3 to 1/2 less this Christmas and donate the rest to one of the many ministries we support as a church. When I started thinking about this, I wanted to come up with a way to participate but also to educate my Godchildren in particular on why this is important. I have no clue how they'll respond but my hope is that they will be excited to know that not only did Cece buy them a pair of shoes, but that 2 needy children are also receiving shoes this Christmas.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images