Welcome Home!

9:39 AM

I've officially made it to Columbia. I know I've been silent the last couple of months as I've prepared for this day, but honestly I never anticipated how busy I would be packing up and saying goodbye to loved ones. And this past week was no exception. Wednesday was my last official day at my store in Ruston. Thursday I woke up and drove to Baton Rouge to visit my friends, Sarah and Hannah, and to meet Baby Evan! Friday, Jamison flew into New Orleans from Columbia to spend the weekend and to drive back to Columbia with me. I have to tell you, the boy's a trooper. After getting lost in New Orleans several times causing us to leave there at 7p, then having to ride with me in the car for 5 more hours after waking up at 3a that morning. He never complained once nor fell asleep on me. Saturday he met several of my friends (and family), and even endured a 12-year-old's basketball game (where they don't keep score). That night he sat by me as I watched my beautiful friend, Jennifer get married. Yesterday we left Ruston around 9a after getting our first cup of coffee (of several) and stopping by to say goodbye to the God-children. 13 hours later we made it to Columbia, exhausted. Again, he never complained and refused to go to sleep after I told him to several times. I'm not sure I tell him enough how thankful I am for him. He makes me laugh often and continuously offers me encouragement when I'm frustrated, and worse tired. I'm not the most pleasant person when I'm tired (or hungry). I'm sure he's figured this out by now. Hopefully that won't deter him to give up on me since we live in the same city now.


This morning I'm enjoying time with my friend, Lauren, and her two beautiful girls, Chloe and Josalin. She and her husband, Luke, who I've talked about many times before, have graciously opened up their home to me while I get settled into my new life here in Columbia. I start at my new store on Wednesday. I would ask that you continue to pray with me as I learn how to rely on God in new ways and build new relationships here in Columbia. I'm super excited to see that God has in store for me in 2012.

No good adventure happens without good friends beside you. Special thanks to Luke and Lauren Syfert and Jamison Combs for embarking on this new adventure with me.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images