All I know is that I just don't know.

10:28 PM

Last weekend we celebrated Claire's 30th birthday...I think we're pretty hot at 30:) This has been a strange week...I've had some amazing encounters with friends and even my Mom. My life continues to get more and more confusing it seems. Tomorrow is Jill's last official day as the interim children's pastor and then I will transition into her position until they hire someone. I've learned that they're not just looking for a children's pastor but a Director of Christian Education that will be responsible for children and adults. Seems like a big job if you ask me. I can't tell you how many times I get asked if I'm interested in it. The answer continues to be, I don't know. I've got quite the pros/cons list going on and they're pretty even.

Pros:
-an actual salary
-full-time ministry
-move out of my parent's house but will still be close!!!
-be a part of Garrett, Grant and Avery's lives on a daily basis

Cons:
-quit Starbucks (which is also ministry for me) and a job I love!
-extended time in Ruston
-not many opportunities to meet people my age
-don't really feel connected/spiritually challenged at Trinity right now

Needless to say this list has not brought much resolution. I suppose it's not time yet. I am grateful that I have opportunities to consider. I want to be open...staying in Ruston long-term has never been something I even wanted to consider. As I mentioned in my last post, in my head I'll move out of Ruston after Christmas. I just don't know what awaits me around the corner. As Becca pointed out to me yesterday, one thing's for certain, my "time of rest" is officially over. I've already started planning my vacation in October...good friends, fall foliage and the beach will be included!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images