DoDoDoDaDaDa...

2:08 AM

First, let me start by saying that the advantage to working at a coffee shop is that you get free or discounted coffee. The disadvantge (I'm sure you're thinking there can't be one) is that at 2am one still can't manage to fall asleep. I find that a little annoying, however, it gives one the chance to catch up on the old blogger. I just got back from another whirlwind trip to TX to visit April and the highlight of the weekend was going to see The Police in concert Friday night! Oh my gosh...AMAZING! Although they looked like ants from our seats, it was so worth it just to be in the same room with them. I'm still waiting to get some decent pics from April of the actual concert but this one was taken before the concert started. We're hot, yes?:) The weekend turned out to be one of concerts. The next night we drove back to Houston to see Marc Broussard. He's a LA boy, you know! Needless to say we were much closer to him. I probably could've even touched him if I wanted to, but I really wasn't up for getting arrested for harrassment! He, too, was well worth the money...his voice...wow! This is probably the best pic of him we got all night! It was a great weekend and I wish I could've stayed longer. April just bought an amazing house, and I'd be lying if I said I haven't considered moving to The Woodlands! However, I have 2 jobs right now that are all-consuming. My children's ministry position is going well. We had a successful VBS/VBX (VBX is what we did for 3rd-5th graders). I got to hang out with the 5th graders and they were a blast! I finally began to feel like I was getting the hang of my new job until this past week. Since then things have become a tad stressful. The interim children's pastor just announced that she is moving at the end of the month. Her husband is being transferred to FL! Although I'm certainly excited for them, I'm not sure where that leaves me exactly. It looks like I'll be filling in for her the month of August and hopefully not before. My big project for the summer is a 6th grade event called Vertical Extreme that will be happening July 23rd-25th and I'd rather focus on it than worry about what needs to be done for her job! Yes, I've thought about the possibility of moving in to this position full-time, but I'm not sure it's for me. At least that's where I'm leaning right now. I'm still stuck in this weird place between full-time ministry and Starbucks. Some people probably think I'm crazy, but as I've mentioned before Starbucks has been and continues to be a good fit for me. I'm still not quite ready to give it up yet. In fact, it looks like I'll be promoted in September which means I'll be staying in Ruston a little longer. I still can't believe I've been here 6 months! It's flown by and the Lord has proven himself faithful through it all...even when I'm doubting, which is pretty much everyday. I'm grateful for his faithfulness and I continue to wait on Him for my next move. In my head I'll move after Christmas at the latest. I haven't succumbed to the idea of staying here longer:) It's now well after 3am and I actually have to work tomorrow. Yay for time and 1/2 holiday pay!!! Goodnight, Blogger and Happy Fourth of July!!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images