livin' it up in KY...or not

7:14 PM

Yesterday afternoon Mom picked me up and drove me to the airport for my 5 day vacation in KY, still feels like home in a way. I'm so excited to be here, however, today has been an interesting day. I bundled up this morning for the 20 degree weather and made my way by the local coffee shop on the way to chapel. At chapel I saw a few familiar faces and heard a powerful message from Margaret Therkelson, a 70-year old Godly woman of prayer. I always loved our chapels when I was at school at Asbury so when I saw Mrs. Therkelson on the calendar for today, I knew I would be blessed. After chapel, Meredith and I walk out to grab some lunch and it's sleeting heavily! Now winter weather isn't uncommon in KY but icestorms are never good. By the time we got finished with lunch they had canceled classes for the afternoon. I decided to make the most of it and come back to Matt's house to watch movies with Matt, only both of us are feeling crummy and I've been battling a 100 degree fever all night. So we're stuck inside and neither one of us feel like cooking dinner but the thought of getting out in the ice and battling the roads sounds too taxing as well. At least it's a good tv night...American Idol and LOST and I have a good friend to hang out with. Tomorrow I will feel better...I'm determined!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images