Last day of "vacation"

9:04 AM

Yesterday it occurred to me that I did not have a ride to the Louisville airport today. In the past, this has never really been an issue. Someone's always available. Monday's generally a non-class day, at least til the evening and since I needed to be at the airport before evening, someone could surely take me. After countless e-mails, phone calls, and texts, I came up with NO ONE! Well, needless to say, about 8pm as the Oscars were getting underway, I began to panic. Everything is heightened in the drama department when you're sick so I'm sure my parents have loved our recent phone conversations. We did some research on shuttles from Lexington to Louisville, all ranging from 85-100 bucks but I would have to be at the shuttle pick-up spot at 8am (my flight doesn't leave until 5:20pm). Finally Dad decided the best option would be for me to come to Louisville last night and stay at one of the airport hotels to avoid the stress. It was a good solution. I still have to check out of the hotel by noon meaning I'll probably get to the airport about 4 hours early, but considering at one point I had seriously considered just spending the night in the airport last night, it's a better option. I'm still nervous about flying...with all the congestion but I've received all kinds of tips that I'm willing to try....earplugs, taking Advil right before the flight to lessen the swelling in my ears, blowing my nose, chewing gum. Needless to say when I land in Monroe at 8:45 tonight, I will be ecstatic.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images