Community.

5:15 PM

One of my biggest struggles since I've been back in Ruston is finding a place where I belong...a group of friends that I can totally be myself and hold me accountable to my sinful self. This week I ran into an old friend, Brandi, in Starbucks. I was delighted to see her since I knew she had recently moved back to Ruston as well. As we shared our similar struggles to find community within a group of women that are at a similar place in life, she began to list the names of other women that she knew directly or indirectly that might be interested in starting a small group of some sort. I was thrilled. The next day Brandi e-mailed us all and on Wednesday night 4 out of 6 of us will meet for the first time at Starbucks. It was a much needed reminder that God has not forgotten me here, even on those days when I feel like I'm alone. I know that I'm not alone. I have great friends from my past and from Starbucks. There's just something about meeting with other women that are around my age who understand what it's like to be single yet still hoping that someday the Lord will fulfill that desire of my heart. And the other cool thing is that most of us are in full-time ministry so that's just another thing we have in common. I'm excited about the prospect of having these women journey with me.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images