new friends.

8:16 PM

Thank you to so many of you who've been asking about my small group this week. Only 3 of us were able to get together, one of which I already knew, but it was still good. I tend to work better in groups of 3 anyway. This week I met Notosha. Not only are we around the same age and single, she's the children's pastor at Crossroads. We're already making plans to get together, hang out, and brainstorm children's ministry ideas together. Tonight our booths were across the way from each other at Dinner and a Movie at Railroad Park. I love seeing what other people are doing in their ministries and to hear how they're exceling. That's what being a community is all about; it's not a competition to see who can get what family to our church. A friend of mine and her family went to Dessert Fest last weekend at Christ Community. Her kids absolutely loved it! Because of that, they are going to go back and visit one Sunday. They grew up Catholic so they're excited about trying out different churches around the area. I think this is so great. This weekend is a crazy one. Last night I helped Starbucks serve coffee and tea at a Healthy Woman seminar the local hospital sponsored. Tonight was Railroad Park. Tomorrow is Time out for Tech with Starbucks. Sunday is children's sermon, my least favorite Sunday of the month. I continue to learn that just because you're good at something doesn't mean you enjoy doing it. Children's sermon....case in point. I'll be glad when Sunday afternoon is upon me and I can take a big ole nap!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images