Space for worship.

9:16 AM

Lately I've been thinking a lot about space, creating space for worship, for play, for stillness. I love that whole concept of creating space. I think if I could do things differently I may have majored in something that allowed me to explore that more in-depth. Last weekend I pulled out my camera and just went around town and took pictures. I'm realizing that I need to create space for those things I really enjoy doing that allow me to exercise my creative tendencies. I also got to go to Portico in West Monroe last weekend. Portico is a worship service that stems from First West. They meet in an old bank building every Sunday night. It mainly attracts college students, but there were also a few people my age there too. When we got back to Ruston, I told Brandi that I'm learning more and more how much I have to create my own space to worship. That may sound strange since I work at a church, but Sundays are so busy for me and unfortunately feel like work. When I do get the opportunity to go to one of our worship services, I still find myself thinking about what's happening in the nursery or the Refinery. I'm grateful that the Lord is providing those spaces for me...I look forward to many more Sunday nights at Portico.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images