October is my favorite month...

8:31 PM

I love October. I don't know why exactly but it's always been my favorite month just like Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday. I guess because Fall is my favorite season. I was talking to my cousin, Bob about it last night. He lives in CA and was commenting on how cold it is in LA right now. The weather is perfect...almost. What would make it complete would be bright reds, yellows, and oranges filling the trees, but alas, we live in the land of pine trees. I'm waiting for the Bradford Pears behind my bank to turn. They were gorgeous last year! Last week I traveled to Houston to visit friends and to see U2!!!! It was quite the experience! We had general admission tickets so we got to the stadium at 1:30pm and waited until 5:00pm for the doors to open. Did I mention it was sunny and 90 degrees??!! Yep, we definitely live in the South! Thankfully some nice people let us sit under their tent til 3:30 when we were told that we needed to put up all tents and umbrellas (we were using umbrellas as sun-blockers!). The last 2 hours were definitely the most miserable. Once we got inside, however, we scored great spots...second row behind the wrap-around stage that the band periodically walked out on. It was amazing to see Bono so close! I must admit though...by the time it was over I wanted to cut my feet off and my entire body ached. What I used to endure in my teens is not as easy in my 30's:) But I wouldn't trade it for anything...especially spending time with these girls!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images