Why a couch??

11:35 AM

So I've modified my blog (yet, again). I get bored easily if you didn't already know that about me. I change my apartment up every few months. The most recent is my bathroom. I bought all new accessories (tootbrush holder, soap dispenser, etc.). I love it! It's much more uniform and truthfully, I've been using the same stuff from when I lived in Lexington so I thought it was about time. Next on the list, kitchen lighting to be purchased next week from IKEA! If you've seen my kitchen lighting, you'll wonder how I've tolerated it for the last year and a half:)

Back to my blog design. Recently I've been reading about couches. Sound strange? Well, the 2 books I've been reading, A Million Miles in a Thousand Years and Angry Conversations with God both reference the couch. Don Miller talks about getting off the couch and participating in our own story instead of watching everyone else's and Susan Isaacs talks about getting God on the couch for couple's counseling. When Don's book came in a couple of weeks ago, it halted my progress on Susan's book but as promised earlier, I still intend to update you as I read it. Ironically, these two are currently on tour together and I will be seeing them in November! I am so excited! I will have Susan's book finished by then! Anyway, I chose this blog design because one, I just thought it was cool, and two, it sort of represents where I am right now....right in-between Don & Susan's couch metaphors! More on this later...

This week I'm headed to my favorite conference ever...Catalyst! I'm always amazed at the work the Catalyst team puts into hosting this event every year! Although it's definitely geared toward pastors and those of us plugging away in ministry, it's designed to be a leadership conference so the key speakers will be well-respected men and women that speak on organizational leadership, personal leadership, integrity, character, relationships, and teamwork. I'll also get to see one of my favorite people ever while I'm in Atlanta so that's another perk! I get back on Saturday, then turn around Tuesday and drive to Houston to see U2 with 2 more of my favorite people! It's going to be a great month!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images