short-term memory loss.

1:55 PM

I know some would say that 30 is too young to start experiencing memory loss, but I swear it's happening. Case in point: today Julie, my wonderful intern who is no longer now that the quarter is over, and I were driving to the bank. I had carried a lot of stuff out to my car because when we got back we were going to be working on Sunday School stuff in the other building. I had my paycheck on top of my stack since we were going there first. We get to the bank and I reach for my check and it's gone. We start searching my car and purse frantically with no luck. I tell the teller that I've misplaced my check and will return shortly (hopefully). I pull around to one of the parking spots and get out, thinking maybe it had fallen in my seat. After a few more minutes of searching, I decide that it must still be on my desk (even though I was certain I had it with me). Just as we are getting ready to pull out of the parking lot, Julie points to my visor and says, "Wait! Didn't you put it up there?" Yep, it's true. Suddenly I'm flooded with the memory I had been searching for. When I got in, I slid it in my visor so that I wouldn't lose it! Who knew that I could lose it in 10 minutes time? We laughed a long time over that one. I told Julie that she can't leave me...how am I going to remember where I put things from now on?!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images