Why it's important to stay connected to the Blogger world...

5:49 PM

I just found out today that one of my dearest friends, Kari Godel Curtis had her second baby, little boy Everett, 2 weeks ago! Kar, I hope you don't mind that I'm posting your very first family photo:) Kari and I met in May of 1999 in Chicago. We both accepted a position as summer hosts for Center for Student Missions (CSM). At first it seemed we were as different as two people could be. I was from the deep South of Louisiana, she was from the Northwest state of Oregon. But in no time we were the best of friends sharing some of the hardest parts of life together and praying together almost nightly. We called each other "soul mates". Generally I guess that term is coined for the one you commit your life to in marriage but as friends go, Kari was definitely one gal who knew my heart and soul better than anyone. After 3 months of living together and working together, it was quite an adjustment going back to our parts of the world, but we remained great friends. She moved to China for a year; I moved to Kentucky for seminary. It's amazing how a friendship rooted in the Lord never changes. I made it to OR a few times, the most important being Kari and Nate's wedding. Kari came to KY right after our apartment fire and helped me get settled into a new place. We were there for the important moments. As life seemed to move more rapidly for both of us, we started losing touch. That's why I love the blog world so much...it's how I stay connected to so many people I love and even though it's not as good as sitting in the same room with them, I still feel like I am a part of their life! Kar, I wish so much I could've been there for the birth of Claire and now for the birth of Everett. I promise I will make it back to OR to meet your little ones! You know, next May will make it 10 years since we first met...crazy! I love you and I'm so excited for you!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images