Goodbye my sweet friend.

11:49 AM

Last night I got the call that everyone dreads. A friend of mine from Lexington was shot and killed in the Joseph Beth parking lot around 3:30 yesterday afternoon. No one knows yet why this happened...thankfully the guy is in custody but it doesn't change the fact that the world has lost one of the good ones.


I met Christopher Tolliver back in June of 2006 when we worked together at the Nicholasville/New Circle Starbucks. He quickly became more than just a coworker; he became my friend. I've said this many of time but one of the many perks of working at Starbucks is the family you gain. This store was no different, especially since it was my first store. I was only there 6 months, but the relationships I made during that short time are priceless. Tolli was one of those that everyone liked! He was always smiling, always singing, and genuinely loved people. I have often thought how much I miss those talks we had sitting outside the store. I am grateful that those memories can never be taken away from me.
I will be heading to Lexington tomorrow to be with my Starbucks family and to celebrate the life of this great man. Please pray for his family and friends...death is never easy but especially under circumstances as tragic as this.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images