friend count.

8:30 AM

1. April Thomason
2. Shannon Steed
3. Matt Sigler
4. Maryann Stewart
5. Melissa Maher
6. Camille Jennings
7. Shannon Sumrall
8. Jennifer Martin

In the last week, I've seen 8 old friends. Yesterday I sat in between 2 of them at church. My heart was full...more full than it's been in a long time. See, it's my wish that all my friends lived in the same place...or at least closer than we all do. I love that feeling when you see each other after a long time and you pick up right where you left off. It's a rare gift. It almost makes being apart worth it. Almost. I'd rather have them around me all the time, but for now, I am grateful for the unexpected run-ins at Starbucks, church, Walmart, and the movie theater.

Tonight is my first children's Christmas Eve service. My friend Cathy has been a huge help. If all goes as planned I think it will be really good. From what I hear, it's 30 minutes of chaos, so hopefully we won't disappoint. It's really intimidating filling the shoes of someone who was always so creative. We've been hearing how much the kids loved the puppet show last year...we're not doing a puppet show or a drama. We're reading this story.

Happy Christmas Eve!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images