finding redemption.

10:45 AM

2010 has already proven to kick me in my tail and it’s only February but alas, I’m beginning to see light again. My friend, Cathy, always talks about wholistic living, how our physical, emotional, and spiritual selves are all intertwined. If you’re flailing in one, there’s a good chance the other two will be affected in some way. I couldn’t agree more. I started out this year with good intentions or goals as I stated in my first blog post. Although I certainly don’t think goals and aspirations are a bad thing, I think it can at times put too much pressure on us. What if we don’t reach them? What if I (heaven forbid) fail? Well, if I’m being honest, I’ve definitely failed. In fact, I pretty much fell flat on my face. However, what I’ve learned time and time again is that when I fall on my face, redemption follows. Sometimes redemption isn’t glamorous. It can come in the form of a hug from a friend, another friend empathizing with what you’re going through, a complementary water at Sonic just because they wanted to brighten your day, a cool breeze on a clear day, holding hands, balloons on your birthday, laughing at absolutely nothing, a phone call just because someone was thinking about you, a blanket of snow, road trips, a smile from my special girl. This list goes on and on. So, I’ve decided that although goals are a good thing to strive for, I need to look at life one day at a time. I’m sure we’ve all heard this before. I mean, Jesus even talks about it in Scripture. “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

A lot of my friends have decided that instead of giving something up for Lent, they’re going to add an element that has maybe been lacking and will further enrich their lives. My fabulous friend, Matt has decided to blog more during the next 40 days. I encourage you to check it out. He’s a fantastic writer that will leave you laughing and inspired. Another friend is writing a one paragraph reflection on what he’s reading for that day. I can’t say I’ve come up with any extraordinary thing to give up or add this Lenten season other than to find some space each day to listen. Today it was pilates. I have no idea what it will be tomorrow, but then again, I have tomorrow to figure that out:) I am starting a new book this week, “Picking Dandelions” by Sarah Cunningham. My friend, Susan that wrote “Angry Conversations with God” recommended it so I know it must be good. Stay tuned for a review.

Happy Lent everyone!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images