Looking forward to Friday...and it's only Sunday!

5:17 PM

I'm always amazed at how life works sometimes. I was so looking forward to my day off on Friday...sleeping in, a noonday hair appointment that included a cut AND highlight (I haven't done that since January), a few errands, and whatever else that I wanted to do. I ended up staying up late Thursday night watching Grey's Anatomy and Chuck on the internet. I love that these tv companies have decided to air their shows online, especially when I forget to record them! Anyway, it was close to 2am before I fell asleep and I woke up at 8! 8am on my day off! I immediately noticed that I couldn't breathe. Great! I first thought it was allergies...my body is still adjusting to being back in LA, not to mention that it's still really hot in October! But, it's now Sunday and I'm still congested and feeling groggy. I'm not a good sick person. I did get my hair cut and highlighted, but I didn't feel well the whole time I was there. Then I remembered that I had told a friend I would cover an hour and a half of her shift at Starbucks b/c her husband had to be at work at 5 which meant she had to take over kid-duty. So I headed up there from 5-6:30. I'm always happy to help Sarah out...she's incredibly generous and will help out with shifts whenever she can, which is unfortunately rare in our Starbucks world, so she generally gets stuck with everyone else's shift and rarely can get someone to offer her the same favor. I just wish it hadn't happened on Friday. So, that was my "day off." I'm learning I need to be a little more protective of it, especially considering that there are a few Saturdays such as this weekend when I will be scheduled to work at Starbucks. When this happens, Friday really is the only day off I'll have for the week.

Tonight I agreed to spend the night with my 3 Godchildren while their parents are in Hot Springs celebrating their 10th wedding anniversary. Although I love spending time with them, I'm a little worried about how this is going to work with me being sick AND having to work from 9am-11pm tomorrow. Yikes!

This week looks to be a crazy work week. We're getting ready to do a teacher training with our Sunday School teachers on Wednesday night so the first part of the week will be spent preparing for that. Monday night I'm closing at Starbucks, Tuesday night I have CPR recertification with my nursery workers, Wednesday night is the teacher training and Thursday night we have an Education Committee meeting. My week is exploding already and all I can think about is Friday, when I will attempt to have my Sabbath for the week, only this time I will have nothing scheduled in my calendar and hopefully I'll be well by then to actually enjoy it:)

I feel like I'm whining...I'm not a fan of that, so thanks for listening to me whine today bloggy friends!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images