Where did Alphabits go?

10:23 AM

I'm discovering that this blog is becoming a place for me to share my ridiculous stories of being in children's ministry. This week it's all about Alphabits. You remember that cereal, right? Lots of sugar yet you could spell words as you ate your breakfast. Education in a bowl...doesn't get much better than that! This week I've learned that Post has discontinued this beloved cereal. Why? Something to do with low sales, I presume. Apparently Alphabits has gone through a couple of changes since my childhood, first taking the frosted marshmellow approach. This was not received well, so in 2005, Post decided to make a healthier move and take out the sugar making the letters out of whole grain goodness. Well, maybe not goodness. According to the reviews I've read on the world-wide web, this transition was not received well either. Everyone wants the original Alphabits back! Although I somewhat share their enthusiasm, all I really want is a cereal my preschoolers can spell their names with and also eat for snack on Sunday. Is that too much to ask? Sigh. On my hunt for Alphabits I came across this video. We kids of the 70's and 80's know what good cereal really is!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images