New occupation includes purchasing 15 jars of relish.

10:40 PM

This past week was spent getting ready for our new Sunday School rotation. Translate: buying all the supplies we'll need for the next 6 weeks. You would be surprised at the things that some of these supply lists call for: a phylactery, a pottery inkwell, leather parchment, etc. I mean, I'm all about understanding life in Biblical times, but Ruston is not the mecca for such items. Another item on the list was glass jars. Simple enough. Jars are used for canning purposes, yes? Everyone tells me I can find them at Walmart...only when I get there I learn that it is apparently no longer "canning" season, so they don't have any empty jars. It's 7pm on a Saturday night. I need the jars by 9:30 Sunday morning. (Yes, I felt like I was back in school informing my Mom I needed posterboard and such to complete a project that was due the next day.) I honestly just thought they wouldn't be that difficult to find. So, I began to panic and then quickly realized I would need to come up with an alternative plan. I immediately headed to the grocery section to peruse all food items in glass jars. Hot dog relish was the cheapest thing I could find at 94 cents a jar, so I bought 15 of them. It took me OVER AN HOUR to empty them and peel off the labels. Who knew that when I accepted my new position, this is what I would be doing on a Saturday night:)

I still have no car...and no insurance check. This process is taking a ridiculous amount of time. I turned in my rental a week ago and accepted their offer to total my car. The sooner I have the check, the sooner I can put a down payment on another car. I'm off Friday and in high hopes I'll find the car of my dreams...or at least something I can tolerate for a couple more years.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images