Did you know...

5:04 PM

...that camels live only one hour from Ruston? Yep, it's true. There's a Safari Park in Delhi! I thought Claire was crazy when she called to tell me that our Saturday evening plans were to ride in a WAGON through an animal farm! Well, we ended up not riding in the wagon after all, but we did drive-thru in our car. It was seriously like a drive-thru zoo! This guy above decided to stick his head in my window! And since when do reindeer live in the South? The boys told them all to say hello to Santa for them. I just knew they were going to start spilling out their Christmas lists:) There were also goats, deer, zebras and ostriches. This one below was quite intimidating. All of sudden we looked out the window and saw him RUNNING towards our car. I snapped this pic right before I rolled my window up! I'm sure he was harmless but that beak looked awfully large! All and all it was quite an adventure and it was FREE! Apparently it normally costs like 12 bucks, but Bob Odom (I think) was speaking out there, so they opened it up for a few hours. If you live around here, you should check it out.

And of course, I took a few pics of the Godchildren! As
you can see, the boys were worn out!



Tomorrow I'm taking Josephine in to see if she's worth repairing. She's worth it to me but maybe not so much in the eyes of my insurance company, so we'll see. Dad thinks if they do total it I'll have a hard time finding another car for the money they offer me and at this point I can't afford car payments! Praise God for paid-off vehicles! I certainly enjoy this luxury! I also get a rental car tomorrow which will be a huge help since I've been coordinating schedules with my parents all weekend! Of course, they don't have to be at work at 5am so that's certainly not a conflict! I finally went to the doctor today...I have a mild case of tonsilitis! The doctor said I should feel better in 3 days...just in time for my LaborDday weekend trip to Houston! Yay!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images