TGINT!

11:02 AM

Thank God It's Naptime...for Lora, who recently posted a blog about letters! And for the record, I have an MDiv (Master of Divinity)...meaning I'm a Master of the Divine? I don't think so:)

I must admit that I've been looking forward to my "Sabbath" the last few weeks. I had to be creative this week since there wasn't a full day I could take off from both jobs. This morning I opened at Starbucks (5am!) and worked til 10am. I go back tomorrow afternoon at 4pm. It's been a crazy week full of meetings and SICKNESS! I've developed a summer cold. Monica and I decided this morning that summer colds are definitely worse that winter ones, especially during Lousiana summers when it averages around the 100 degree mark! So today, for my Sabbath, I will be napping as long as I want, then sleeping in tomorrow. As my professor Chris Kiesling once told me, "Sometimes there's nothing more spiritual than taking a nap." He may have stole it from someone else, but I'll give him credit. Speaking of interesting quotes...here are a couple I've received from friends in the last week or so. In reference to my recent waiting period on the job at Trinity, Becca said, "The wait is always worth your while..." Although I know this to be true, my response to her was "Depends on what's on the other side." God's been reminding me of HIS promises and purpose for my life. I've been feeling a little discouraged about what lies ahead of me. He called me to seminary and yet, here I am, working an hourly paying job at Starbucks that ironically I absolutely love! So goes the ever-present battle of enjoyment versus money. Of course, it's a known fact that ministry jobs don't pay that well, but it would still be more than what I'm making at the bucks! So, I'm learning how to trust...again! A second quote from my friend, Luke, in response to my job interview, "The first train is always the most tempting but all the drunk guys are on the next one....whatever that means." I don't know what it means either, but it made me laugh!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images